Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blueberry squish!

Back when little o turned about 5 1/2 months, I decided it was time time for her to have a taste of some real solid foods -- pureed of course:) While I purchased all the appropriate little spoons and little bowls, I also bought a mesh teether. You can put a variety of whole foods inside the mesh pouch and she can get a taste of the food, as it is "strained" through the mesh, so it's safe for her eat. I kept it in the cabinet until recently, only because I couldn't decide what to put in! I've heard ice, frozen veggies or breast milk, bananas or grapes were all good choices. Finally I bought some yummy blueberries at the farmers market and decided that would be the first item she would try in her mesh. She loved it. Although she puckered her lips after the first taste, she kept going back for more....and it wasn't as messy as I anticipated-which is always a plus while out and about with baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment