Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Date Night


Nat and I went out for our first date since little o was born. Has it really been 3 months already?? We decided to check out the new restaurant Zengo in the newly renovated Santa Monica Place. The restaurant specializes in small plates that blend both Asian and Latin American flavors. We got a variety of dishes to share such as seared scallops, shrimp potstickers, chipotle miso soup and these pork arepas (I thought they would have been much better without the pork:)


(This was the only photo I was able to get, since we gobbled everything else before I had a chance to get a shot!) I loved all the dishes, but I have to say they were all a bit salty. The mall itself was something right out of Hollywood (or Vegas for that matter), yet had spectacular views of the ocean. On Friday nights they have KCRW djs during hapy hour-we'll have to check that out!

Here is a photo from the rooftop deck, where all of the restaurants are located and where the djs do their thing.

It was a great night. Even though we missed out little o, we knew she was in great care with my sis (thanks Lis!). It was so nice to have time with just my hubbie out on the town...

1 comment: