Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Weekly dinner roundup

Family dinners have always been important to me. When I was growing up, my mom always had a home cooked meal waiting for my sister and I. It was such a peaceful way to end the day and share a meal with the ones I love.

I have been lucky enough to continue this tradition with Nat (and now little o) each night. Usually he cooks (he is an amazing cook!) and he always knows how to please my hungry palate! Check out some of the meals we had this week....

Mushroom & cheese pizza (front) / Fig & gorgonzola pizza (back)

Mushroom & cheese pizza

Shrimp & veggie curry

Potato leek parsnip bisque with roasted cauliflower and sweet potato fries on top

Since little o arrived into our world, she has been mindful about allowing us to have this time together. I don't think we missed one night. She would either take a nap or simply hang out in her swing, entertaining herself by cooing to her friends on the mobile above.





If she ever got too fussy, Nat would simply put her on his lap and tell her all about what was on our plate that evening. He would even translate some of the foods in french or italian.....les aricot vert...gli spinaci, i pomodori!!

No comments:

Post a Comment