Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Farmer's Delight

Oh how I love shopping at the farmer's markets here in Los Angeles. On any given day of the week, you can find one in any part of town. They each have their own unique personalities and I like them all for different reasons. Like today, little o and I ventured out to the market on the 3rd street promenade@Arizona Street in Santa Monica. At this market, you'll see the hot chefs gathering their weekly menu ingredients, along with westside residents and tourists. A lot of the booths are pretty pricey, but if you do some searching, you can always find a deal. We got there somewhat early before the crowd, which was nice. I purchased a variety of fruits and veggies for the week-strawberries, eggplant, pluots, kale (my current obsession), zucchini and some poblano peppers. I couldn't leave the market without stopping by the Rockenwagner booth for a multigrain scone-yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment